The Muziekgebouw – founded in 2005 – is the most important stage in the Netherlands for contemporary music. We offer more than 250 concerts per season in a great variety of genres including classical and electronic music, world music and jazz. The ceiling, walls, chairs and floor of our main concert hall are all flexible and moveable, which make it a very suitable hall for intimate chamber music as well as bigger ensembles. Musicians and critics acknowledge the excellent acoustics. Visit a concert and convince yourself.
Piet Heinkade 1
1019 BR Amsterdam
> Opening times
Online ticket sales (24 hours a day) www.muziekgebouw.nl
Grand café 4'33
• Located at the ground floor of the building. For breakfast, lunch, high tea, drinks and dinner.
• For reservations and opening hours T +31(0)20 788 20 90 / www.433grandcafe.nl
There are currently no Covid restrictions.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.muziekgebouw.nl
• Go to the concert of your choice and press 'Bestel tickets'
• You can opt for e-tickets or normal paper tickets:
E-tickets: after payment you can download your e-tickets in your Muziekgebouw account. We do not send e-tickets via email.
Paper tickets: we only send tickets to postal addresses in the Netherlands, for concerts that do not take place within a week of purchase. Tickets for concerts that take place within a week can be picked up at the Box Office desk prior to the concert.
• Payment can be made by using iDeal or creditcard (Visa or Eurocard/ Mastercard).
Purchasing by telephone
• Payment can be made in the following ways: provide the Muziekgebouw with a one off mandate (eenmalige machtiging) to withdraw the required amount from your bank account (only Dutch accounts). Or pay using Visa or Eurocard/ Mastercard.
• Tickets purchased up to one week before the concert, will be sent to you through regular mail (only in the Netherlands). Tickets purchased within a week before the concert, should be picked up at the box office, at least 45 minutes before the concert starts.
Box Office Desk
> opening times
On concert days (including Sundays and public holidays), the Box Office Desk opens 90 minutes before the concert starts. No advance bookings for other concerts prior to the concert.
There is a waiting list for sold-out concerts up to the day before the concert. Please contact the Box Office if you wish to be put on the list. We will contact you if tickets become available. The waiting list no longer applies on the day of the concert.
We can’t offer refunds for any tickets purchased.
Wheelchairs / hearing aid
We kindly ask you to let us know if you would like to make use of a wheelchair seat or a hearing aid.
Our Box Office also sells Theatre & Concert gift vouchers.
Start of the season discount
For season 22/23 you can order tickets with discounts up to 35%. This discount applies when you buy tickets before October 1, 2022.
Three concerts: 20% discount
You can put together your own package of concerts. Choose 3 to 6 different concerts with the label , and take advantage of a 20% discount on the normal ticket price. This discount only applies when you buy tickets before October 1, 2022.
Six concerts: 25% discount
By choosing 6 to 9 different concerts with the label , you will receive a 25% discount on the normal ticket price. This discount only applies when you buy tickets before October 1, 2022.
Nine concerts: 35% discount
By choosing 9 or more different concerts with the label , you will receive a 35% discount on the normal ticket price. This discount only applies when you buy tickets before October 1, 2022.
For everyone between 13 and 30 years of age we sell special Early Bird tickets. only € 12,50 for a ticket. Available for almost every concert (limited availability, so don’t wait to order your ticket).
• Stadspas: 20% discount on the normal admission price
• iAmsterdam Card: 25% discount on all our concerts
• Children's rate: up to and including 12 years old for almost all children's concerts.
• CJP: 20% discount on the normal admission price
• Spotprijs: Between 13 and 30 years old or conservatory or music student: € 15.00 for a concert ticket for concerts that are not sold out (at the box office half an hour before the start).
Please note: always take ID or discount card with you when visiting a concert with a discount
Discounts are only given on the full price
The Muziekgebouw aan ’t IJ is easily accessible and is situated close to the city centre:
• By foot: approx. 15 minutes from Central Station
• Tram 26, stop 'Muziekgebouw / Bimhuis'
• By car: 5 minutes from the A10 ring road motorway
• Parking garage 'Piet Hein Garage' directly underneath the neighbouring Passenger Terminal Amsterdam with direct indoor access to Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ
PO Box 1122
1000 BC Amsterdam
Piet Heinkade 1
1019 BR Amsterdam
Tel +31(0)20 - 788 2000
> Opening times
Tel +31(0)20 - 788 2010
Fax +31(0)20 - 788 2020
Hall rental for corporate events
Tel +31(0)20 - 788 2023
4'33 grand café
Reservations tel +31(0)20 - 788 2090
Menu and opening times: www.433grandcafe.nl
Education / Workshops SoundLAB
Tel +31(0)20 – 788 2016
> Children concerts & workshops SoundLAB