code of ethics | visitor conditions
• Purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• It is not allowed to enter the concert hall after the start of the concert.
• For tickets with a discount or Early Bird tickets, we may ask you to show a valid discount card or identity card. If you cannot show this, you will have to exchange your ticket at the box office for a full price ticket (and pay the relevant additional amount).
• During the concert, your mobile phone must be switched off.
• Taking photographs, filming or making sound recordings in the concert hall is only allowed after prior written permission.
• It is not allowed to take drinks into the hall, or to the balconies.
• We also organise special concerts and activities for children and families. Please take account of the age limit mentioned with the concert or activity. For all other concerts, we reserve the right to refuse young children access to the concert hall. It is also not allowed to bring a baby into the concert hall.
• Dogs are not allowed in our building, with the exception of assistance dogs (guide dogs for the blind or handicapped).
Code of ethics
We aim to create an environment where everyone feels welcome and at home, whether you're a visitor, performer, or part of the Muziekgebouw team. Our interactions are guided by the following principles:
• We respect the diversity of audiences, employees, musicians and other creators. We are open to learn from each other and we strive to interact with everyone in a respectful, dignified and unbiased manner. Your position, physical/mental health, cultural origin, age, gender, gender identity or other characteristics play no role.
• We take action against conscious or unconscious forms of inappropriate behavior: discrimination, (sexual) intimidation, verbal or physical aggression, violence or bullying.
• We offer help and protection to anyone who experiences undesirable behavior within our building. We support each other and we don't look away. We treat reports or complaints confidentially. We follow the guidelines of the Muziekgebouw's ethical code.
• We communicate in an open, accessible manner and are open to dialogue and conversation. We would like to hear what could be done differently and better. Questions, ideas or suggestions? Feel free to speak to an employee or email email@example.com.